Saturday, January 17, 2009

Does RIPv2 Support CIDR/SUPERNET Networks?

Hi Guys,

I hope you are finding some good information on my blog :-). Recently I shared an interesting RIP scenario with you people. So after that I felt that Ok...Now I know RIP. But two days later I came across another RIP scenario and which really made me feel that in CCIE ... E doesn't always mean Expert.

Anyways: So this is the question of the day for you guys. In above mentioned sceanrio you are supposed to run RIPv2 which as far I know supports CIDR. You have to establish connectivity from R1's Ethernet ip address to R2's ethernet ip address. I have mentioned the IP Addressing for both serial interfaces and fast ethernet interfaces in Diagram. Let see if you are a Routing Champion :-)

I'll post the solution on Monday which I figured out to make it possible...Best of luck

Best Regards,
Deepak Arora

No comments: