Friday, September 20, 2013

Network Designer/Architect Vs Network Engineer...Theory Vs Real Life - Part 1


As I am starting this series today, back in my mind I am keep thinking that this series is going to be end up being a story book. Prime reason seems to be that in this series I am not going to talk much about Technologies and even if I does, most likely the Non-Technical side of it.

Don't expect me to show you some incredible design skills at the moment since there are some better guys to talk about those things in market. Russ White, Petr L, Ivan P, Brian M and of Course Scott Morris are rather better people and each of these keep writing about that stuff on different places at web.

This series is based on rather my Experience with Network Designing & Architecture [ A little Experience I have :) ], Few Designer/ Architect interviews I attended, Network Industry's expectations from CCIE guys as Network Designers, List of things that I feel affects Network Designs in real life, CCIE/CCDE market in India Vs US including Job Market, What are my opinions about CCDE [ Though Still I am targeting to get it :) ] And last but not least my Technical blog posts as I progress with my CCDE Study though I got to get my CCIE DC first, But I am still trying to manage couple of hours every week to go through some design stuff :)

Every Criticism & feedback is going to be highly appreciated. A copy of this series posts I am going to post over Ethan Banks CCDE Study group (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/ccdegroupstudy) until he blocks me by marking as SPAM :). Though the group seems to be little slow at the moment in terms of sharing ideas or picking up case studies and discussing design/decision side of it. But I am hoping it will pick up the pace sooner or later.

Again if you are looking for pure design stuff at the moment - You better read writeup from people I mentioned above.

I'll talk about those things in future but not at the moment. I got to understand the psychology of Network Designer/Architect first or perhaps to get to level where I can understand them.

Stay Tuned...

HTH...
Deepak Arora
Evil CCIE

No comments: